MICHAEL E. RIDDIX
APOLOGIST / TEACHER / AUTHOR / SPEAKER
Michael E. Riddix is the Founder of this Apologetics Ministry which focuses on assisting Churches across the world in teaching members about Apologetics, which increases their numerical growth.
Michael holds a Bachelors of Science in Biology from Oral Roberts University and is pursuing his Masters of Arts in Science and Religion at Biola University. Over the past 13 years, he has been an Educator, teaching courses such as Biblical Leadership, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and Trigonometry.
In addition, Michael has served as the Vice President of a Real Estate Corporation, he is a Managing Partner for New Horizons Quality Tutor Academy and a host of other entrepreneurial ventures; however his overall passion is for “defending the faith”.
He credits this passion first to God and secondly to his family. Michael comes from a long family legacy that is devoted to Ministry. His father and grandfather were both Pastors, his mother is a Minister, her dad was a Deacon, his brother is a Senior Pastor, one of his sister is a Missionary and the other sister is a Minister.
Michael noticed the need for Apologetics while in college. In college he discussed many scientific theories and axioms that are rooted in atheism. In addition, he discovered, through teaching, that numerous people including Christians have arduous questions about the existence of God.
- Describe yourself in one word – Persistent
- How did you get into Apologetics? – It’s kind of something that I’ve always done; but didn’t know exactly what it was called. This is something I’ve done throughout High School and College. It wasn’t until I became an Educator and I heard Ravi Zacharias that I knew the field existed. But since birth and the significance of my name (Michael means “who is like God?” and Edward means “rich guardian”) I’ve always had an interest in defending the Gospel using scientific reasons and logic.
- What path brought you here? – God orchestrates a man’s path. Initially, I was interested in medicine. I went to college and looked at the lab and said to myself that I couldn’t sit in a lab all day. So, I decided to go into Education. However, I always found myself feeling that my passion was always in using scientific reason and logic to validate the principles in the bible. I could talk about it for hours on end. But, as far as I knew there was no career out there for Apologetics….but here I am, teaching on Apologetics.
- Why is Apologetics important to you? – I feel that God is the progenitor and origin of everything. I feel that He is the answer to every problem in our society; but we cannot access and utilize His power, until we wholeheartedly believe in Him. I can’t believe in my heart, what I can’t believe in mind. – noted by Ravi Zacharias. There are excellent reasons to believe that the Bible is true and that God exists; therefore I feel Christians need to be educated in this.
- Why do you believe it’s important for Christians to know about Apologetics in this specific time? – In the 21st Century – we are in a culture of secular humanism that holds logic, reason and science as god. People always tend to believe what they can experience with their five senses and with their mind. Therefore, I think Apologetics is critical and pivotal in changing this humanistic culture we live in.
- What are you passionate about personally? – Social Justice and Reform
- What do you really enjoy in life? – Watching my twin boys grow and develop into Godly young men. Love spending time with my family and friends. I enjoy highly intellectual and stimulating conversation. A good movie here and there too is good
- What can’t you stop talking about? – Fulfilling the purposes of God. I have great ideas. My children.
- Where can we find you when you’re not working? – My time is spent largely at church or spending time with my family.
- How long have you been doing what you do? – So for Education, I’ve been doing it for 13 years.
- Who is your mentor? – He passed away…my Father.
- Where did you grow up? – I grew up in Baltimore, MD
- How do you want to be remembered? – As an excellent Father, a Man of God, as a pivotal, influential figure in the 21st Century, who revolutionizes and awakens the conscience and spirituality of people in this century, and the 22nd Century and the 23rd Century.
- What did you study in school? – I graduated from Oral Roberts University with a BS in Biology and currently pursuing my Masters in Apologetics from Biola University.